We all want purpose in life, and God gives us eternal purpose- to love Him with our whole hearts, and love others as ourselves (Matthew 22:37–39).
The question is, how?
The way to serve God is serving others for His cause.
31 When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
Notice the examples Jesus gave- feeding the hungry, visiting those in prison (probably persecuted Christians), giving clothes, etc. It’s not limited to those things; the general idea is to promote causes that help people in need. And not just to be humanitarian, but to do those things for eternal purposes.
What could be more motivating than impacting others’ lives and knowing what we do will have eternal rewards? Any other purposes in life fall short because they won’t last forever; why not invest in eternity?
- tell others how they can know Jesus (https://www.groundwire.net/coaching)
- rescue young victims of trafficking (https://www.youtube.com/user/AIMagapeintlmissions)
- support orphans (https://www.harvesters.net/)
- support persecuted Christians (https://www.persecution.com/, https://www.opendoorsusa.org/)
- help people dealing with depression (https://www.groundwire.net/coaching, http://www.christiansuicideprevention.com/, facebook groups)
- reach those in your community, through outreach at church
“My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.” (Jesus, Revelation 22:12)